Thursday, November 13, 2008

Letter from Nina Tai in Darfix

High Treasurer Silverfire of Pian en Luries,

I feel most honoured to have received a letter from your Highness, and impressed that it arrived to this servant's hands quite legible.

This city of Darfix was overrun by monsters and undead, which took us more than two weeks of intense hunting to notice a change in their numbers. The population now starts to leave their houses and we can see that they aren't as few as we first thought, perhaps even thousands. One or two taverns are open, but we hope to see many more resuming business in the next few days. Those people wear colorful clothes, and their skin is somewhat darker than most I have known, perhaps due to the long time they spend in the docks and merchant ships. The docks were the only thing working while the monsters rampaged, and through them we saw the arrival of many mysterious packages, and something strange to my commoner's eyes: stones. The city houses, the palace and the ruined walls are entirely built in stone, all stones that came from across the sea.

As for the Honourable Sir Garret, your Highness, I know not a Sir Garret from Morek, but I did meet a Sir Garret from Shadovar who advised me... he advised me regarding my journey and the safe paths, but we dealt no business. Is there a way in which this servant can serve him, your Highness?

Humbly,
Nina Tai (Freeman)

No comments: